Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Giving the Gospel

Hey guys! So, I've decided to start a blog (again!) And, this time, I'm going to try really, really hard to keep up with it. I've had photography blogs in the past that I never keep up with after about 2 months... Although photography is one of my main passions, my first priority (or, what I try to keep as my first priority) is God. I try to work on a few Bible studies a month, and I wanted a place to be able to write down all of my thoughts and my findings. And, hopefully, people will comment back and share their thoughts with me. :)

Another thing that you will probably learn about me as you read my posts, is that I type what I think as I go. I'm not incredibly eloquent with my words, but for me, most of the time it's easier to understand things when they're written out in plain English, the way that people speak everyday. I'm warning you now, I won't be writing like Jane Austen or Shakespeare (I only wish I could understand their literature...) But, you should be able to understand me. Hopefully. If you can't.... I'm sorry. This is just the way I think and talk. So, here's my first blog post!

The topic of this post--Giving the Gospel or How to Give the Gospel--took me weeks to study. Something that I have noticed is that usually when giving the Gospel or learning how to give the Gospel, people only give the basic verses: John 3:16, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23. But, I think that it should be a little more in-depth than just the basics.... It should really be put on a more personal level than it usually is. Salvation is the most important decision you will ever make in your life! You need to understand it fully! Now, I'm still going to add the basics in here, but I'm also using some other verses that aren't normally used. So, this is what I have found in my studies.....
We deserve death, but God offers us salvation. All we have to do is accept it. He loves us, and He just wants us to love Him in return. We are valuable in God's eyes. He paid a high price for us.

•Isaiah 59:1-2~ Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.•Romans 3:23~ for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,•Romans 6:23~ For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
•John 3:16~ For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
•Romans 5:8~ But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
•Matthew 11:28-30~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

•I Corinthians 6:20~ For you have been bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.
We are saved by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. We cannot earn salvation in any way. We can never be good enough to earn salvation. We just have to accept it.
•Ephesians 2:8-9~ For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
•Romans 4:4-5~ Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.
It isn't always easy being a Christian. You will be looked down on for your beliefs. And, just like anyone else, you're still going to have trials and tribulations, but you will know that God is watching you, and that He is going to take care of you if you commit yourself to Him. God will bring you through any hard times. You just have to believe that He can and will.



•Matthew 5:10-11~ "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
•Romans 5:3-4~ And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;•John 16:33~ "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage;
I have overcome the world."•Romans 8:18~ For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
•Romans 8:28~ And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
One day, all trials and tribulations will be done away with. In heaven there will be no tears, death, mourning, or pain. It is up to you which fate you choose. If you choose to believe, you will have eternal life in heaven with our Lord and Savior. If you choose not to believe, you will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.
•Revelation 21:3-4~ And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among me, and He will wipe away ever tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."
•Revelation 20:14-15~ Then death and Hades were thrown into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death, the Lake of Fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the Lake of Fire.
ONE MORE VERSE.....

If you're like I am (or used to be,) there will be times that you doubt your salvation, and you ask yourself, "Am I really saved?" This is my favorite verse of assurance.
•I John 5:11-13~ And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son, has the life; he who does not have the Son of God, does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
Well, those are just my thoughts and verses for giving the Gospel..... If you have anymore really good ones that I missed, please feel free to share them with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment